Are you struggling with day-to- day stressors, anxiety, depression, or relational challenges? It is possible to feel more balanced, in tune with your emotions and prepared to cope with life’s challenges. I believe that we all have the ability to heal and make positive changes. I can help you to gain insight into your experiences and discover your strengths.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in individual therapy and work with clients who have struggle with a wide range of challenges. I am also a Certified EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapist. This type of treatment is used to help clients who have struggled with adverse life experiences, trauma, PTSD and dissociation. I believe in using a variety of therapeutic methods including, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Strengths Based Therapy models.
I am a native Texan, born and raised in San Antonio. I moved to Austin to attend Texas State University in San Marcos and received my bachelors and masters degree in social work. I have worked with adults in inpatient and outpatient psychiatric settings. Prior to my private practice I was employed at Austin Lakes Outpatient Services for the Partial Hospitalization Program and the Intensive Outpatient Program where I worked with a diverse client population doing psychoeducational and process groups, individual and family therapy. I also managed the Intensive Outpatient Program at Austin Counseling Connection for five years.
Finding the right therapist who you feel comfortable with is an important part of the process. My goal is to create a warm, open and supportive environment where we can work together to meet your goals. Please contact my office to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation to see if I am the right therapist for you.
- Mood Disorders like depression, anxiety and Bipolar Disorder
- Trauma and PTSD
- Complex Trauma and Dissociation
- Grief and Loss
- Pregnancy Loss and Infertility
- Family Stress or Family of Origin Issues
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal and Relationship Difficulties (trust, abuse, abandonment, social anxiety)
- Life Transitions (birth of a child, new job, coping with family challenges, moving and coping with COVID-19)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- FSAP (Feeling-State Addiction Protocol)
- Affect Tolerance
- Acute Stress Stabilization and Recent Critical Events Stabilization
- Pain Protocols