Are you struggling with day-to- day stressors, anxiety, depression, or relational challenges? It is possible to feel more balanced, in tune with your emotions and prepared to cope with life’s challenges. I believe that we all have the ability to heal and make positive changes. I can help you to gain insight into your experiences and discover your strengths.
Finding a therapist who you feel comfortable with is an important part of the process. My goal is to create a warm, open and supportive environment where we can work together to meet your goals. Please contact my office to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation to see if I am the right therapist for you.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in induvial therapy and work with clients who have struggle with a wide range of challenges. I am also a Certified EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapist. This type of treatment is used to help clients who have struggled with adverse life experiences, trauma, PTSD and dissociation. I believe in using a variety of therapeutic methods including, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Strengths Based Therapy models.
I am a native Texan, born and raised in San Antonio. I moved to Austin to attend Texas State University in San Marcos and received my bachelors and masters degree in social work. I have worked with adults in inpatient and outpatient psychiatric settings. Prior to my private practice I was employed at Austin Lakes Outpatient Services for the Partial Hospitalization Program and the Intensive Outpatient Program where I worked with a diverse client population doing psychoeducational and process groups, individual and family therapy. I also managed the Intensive Outpatient Program at Austin Counseling Connection for five years.
- Mood Disorders like depression, anxiety and Bipolar Disorder
- Trauma and PTSD
- Complex Trauma and Dissociation
- Grief and Loss
- Pregnancy Loss and Infertility
- Family Stress or Family of Origin Issues
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal and Relationship Difficulties (trust, abuse, abandonment, social anxiety)
- Life Transitions (birth of a child, new job, coping with family challenges, moving and coping with COVID-19)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- FSAP (Feeling-State Addiction Protocol)
- Affect Tolerance
- Acute Stress Stabilization and Recent Critical Events Stabilization
- Pain Protocols